Gadget Trade

Forum mainly aimed at those on vintage electronic forums who need a place to buy and sell items not specifically related to the topic of their original forum but still related to the enjoyment of putting old things to better use! Please ignore the ads.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Good Idea here ! ! ! !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pred

PostSubject: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 am

It will be nice to share some other goodies with the good folks in ARF before sending the stuff off to the BAY.
I have some really odd stuff I was wondering where to sell, Old Phones and other interesting mechanical things.
Glad to be here!
Peter
Back to top Go down
tube42
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks for the compliments Peter. I hope enough people join to make something useful out of this forum. Let's try and build up as many people as we can here.

Thank you for joining!
Back to top Go down
http://gadgetrade.forumotion.com
Jim koehler

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Finally!!!....

A place where us ARF'ers can sell radio & non-radio related stuff! A few times I've tried to sell stuff on the ARF that I thought would be of interest to fellow Members but didn't fit the criteria (read:rules). And within a day, the post would be gone.

I think if we stay within the spirit of this Forum, it should prove to be interesting.

Thank you...
...Jim sunny
Back to top Go down
Dave Allen

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Jim koehler wrote:
Finally!!!....

I think if we stay within the spirit of this Forum, it should prove to be interesting.

Thank you...

YES!

I have lots of great random junk I'd like to sell or trade for other random junk! I believe ARF will miss many page views for not having such a forum. Good Luck.

My only comment is regarding an "I'll take it" policy. I don't think this should be a moderator concern and condition of sale should be strictly up to the seller. Many sales are very much dependent on shipping costs, availability, or seeing the right pictures. No moderator should EVER try to enforce such a policy. If a posting ever turns abusive or insulting the offending posts should be deleted.

Dave
Back to top Go down
tube42
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

I'm mostly trying to avoid people getting upset over things being sold from under them through PMs after having requested an item. As well as avoiding confusion in threads as to who gets to take the item. I think this is the main reason as to why we started doing this on ARF. However the seller and/or buyer are not obligated to go through the deal if there is some kind of problem. and the item can be passed on to who ever is next in line. I'll go ahead and edit the rules to make that understood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gadgetrade.forumotion.com
Jim koehler

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:44 pm

As a post note....

It's not you that should be the "policing action", but it should be us....

the buyers & sellers.

Think before you sell. Be honest in your descriptions. Give all the information needed for a buyer to make a good decision on whether or not he'd like the item you're offering.

Buyers?...remember, once you've made the decision to buy, and have notified the seller of it, it's the equivilent of a handshake that is made face to face. If, you as the buyer, have reservations on how it should be shipped or packed, then right then and there, it shall, or should be noted, between the both of you.

Just an idea....

...Jim
Back to top Go down
Sprague

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Seems neat. It will be real good when alot of people get here. I'll see what I have to get rid of tomorrow to sell cheap. I have a whole bunch of bicycle hubs and parts that need to go, good for the flea market.

I hate to say this, but what the (long) sentence under the Gadget Trade thing makes it sound too much like it is an Antique Radio Forum defector website. My only real complaint.

Just a place to hang out, sell junk, and talk about it. Fun.

Thanks,

-Brian

elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea here ! ! ! !    

Back to top Go down

Good Idea here ! ! ! !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1